Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Tuckahoe, NY
Assistants | Tuckahoe, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why Tuckahoe Animal Hospital & Veterinary Care Center in Tuckahoe, NY?
We are a well-respected, high quality hospital delivering the best medical care to support the health of our clients’ pets and the satisfaction. We provide optimal medical care in a warm, friendly, and inviting atmosphere. We encourage our client participation, input, and strive for the comfort of our pets and clients. We have been operating this quality practice for more than 22 years and have an excellent reputation for exceptional care within our community. In addition, we are in beautiful Westchester County, NY, just 30 minutes north of Manhattan and conveniently situated directly outside the Tuckahoe train stop on the Metro North Train!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary assistant experience, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$20/hr
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits