Licensed Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Indianapolis, IN
Technicians | Indianapolis, IN
Seeking an independent, compassionate, and Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why 30th Animal Hospital in Indianapolis, IN?
As your pet’s caretaker, you are the single most important person in his or her life. That’s why at 30th Street Animal Hospital, we consider you a vital member of your companion’s health care team. We’d love the opportunity to become your trusted East Indianapolis and Lawrence area vet
Our team wants you to know...
"Truth be told, we view you and your loved one as a part of our family. We believe that only through close, personal relationships can we truly deliver the exceptional care and service you both deserve."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have an active veterinary technician license, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $17-19/hr based on experience and skill set
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits