Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time or Part-Time | Pound Ridge, NY
Assistants | Pound Ridge, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why Pound Ridge Veterinary Center in Pound Ridge, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are very compassionate, our hospital goes above and beyond, whether it is going to the car to give a dog its biweekly injection (since she is so nervous to come inside), or scheduling house calls so pets can stay comfortable. We truly care about our patients happiness!"
This position can be full time or part time. Full time would be at 35-40 hours a week. It would consist of 4 full week days with 1 week day off, and 1/2 day Saturdays (8am-12pm). For part time, we would be looking for two days a week and some Saturdays.
Who are we looking for?
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Applicants must have at least a year of documented veterinary assistant experience in a clinic, shelter, or emergency veterinary hospital.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Pound Ridge as a beautiful, historic, small-town bordering Stamford, CT and Bedford, NY. Our team recommends heading over to Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, where you can explore the trails, go lean-to camping, have a picnic, fish, or cross-country ski!