Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time | Levittown, NY
Reception | Levittown, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Levittown Animal Hospital in Levittown, NY?
We have a strong focus on culture and team satisfaction, and we foster a collaborative environment where all team members have a say in the decisions we make. Our team is diverse and inclusive; All are welcome!
We are looking for team members that are trustworthy and compassionate with a strong work ethic and are looking to strengthen the human animal bond.
Our mission is to offer the best health care options for our patients in a compassionate, friendly, and caring environment. With appropriate client education, we empower our clients to make informed decisions regarding their companion’s health care.
Our goal for our clients is to provide gold standard care along with an outstanding experience.
What makes us different from other hospitals?
No boarding, no over-nights, no on-call duties. We promote open communication and encourage feedback on all levels of the organization to deliver the best work experience possible. Our goal for our team is to provide support in every way possible, while still be able to enjoy coming to work!
We are the first hospital on LI to become Low Stress Handling certified. We take great pride in making visits as stress-free as possible for our patients. We are also AAHA accredited and will continue to maintain that level of medical and surgical standards.
We believe that job satisfaction and work-life balance are important:
We have a 4-day work week, generous discounts for your pet’s health care, and competitive compensation packages with benefits.
Best of Long Island:
We were voted as the Best Pet Hospital and Best Veterinarian (Dr. Michael Funk, DVM) in Bethpage’s Best of Long Island. We are extremely honored that our clients and community recognize the outstanding care our hospital provides.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a patient care coordinator and be able to work a weekend day.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, ability to multi-task, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients.
Our Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) are the faces and voices of Levittown Animal Hospital. They are truly ambassadors for the standards of care we strive to provide and thus, must always behave professionally and with compassion, sympathy, and empathy. PCCs must be friendly, courteous, and capable of handling multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from our practice management software, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and creating future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Scheduling appointments for surgery, sick and well visits, ultrasounds, and more.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology, and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$18/hr based on experience and skill set!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Community Outreach Day