Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Levittown, NY
Technicians | Levittown, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Levittown Animal Hospital in Levittown, NY?
We have a strong focus on culture and team satisfaction, and we foster a collaborative environment where all team members have a say in the decisions we make. Our team is diverse and inclusive; All are welcome!
We are looking for team members that are trustworthy and compassionate with a strong work ethic and are looking to strengthen the human animal bond.
Our mission is to offer the best health care options for our patients in a compassionate, friendly, and caring environment. With appropriate client education, we empower our clients to make informed decisions regarding their companion’s health care.
Our goal for our clients is to provide gold standard care along with an outstanding experience.
What makes us different from other hospitals?
No boarding, no over-nights, no on-call duties. We promote open communication and encourage feedback on all levels of the organization to deliver the best work experience possible. Our goal for our team is to provide support in every way possible, while still being able to enjoy coming to work!
We are the first hospital on LI to become Low Stress Handling certified. We take great pride in making visits as stress-free as possible for our patients. We are also AAHA accredited and will continue to maintain that level of medical and surgical standards.
We believe that job satisfaction and work-life balance are important:
We have a 4 day work week, generous discounts for your pet’s health care, and competitive compensation packages with benefits.
Best of Long Island
We were voted Best Pet Hospital and Best Veterinarian (Dr. Michael Funk, DVM) in Bethpage’s Best of Long Island. We are extremely honored that our clients and community recognize the outstanding care our hospital provides.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of veterinary technician experience, professional work ethic, positive personality, ability to multi-task, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients.
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes.
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement.
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, and processing.
- Perform diagnostic imaging.
- Perform and monitor for anesthesia.
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery.
- Perform dental prophies.
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients.
- Communicate with and educate clients.
- Provide compassionate patient care.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $20-$25/hr based on experience and skill set!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Community Outreach Day