Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time| Pompano Beach, FL
Reception | Pompano Beach, FL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Acacia Animal Hospital in Pompano Beach, FL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, ultrasound, echocardiogram, and more.
Acacia Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility with over 45 years of experience. The professional and courteous staff at Acacia Animal Hospital strives to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly-valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate? Pompano Beach is a family-friendly city with a safe, beautiful beach, and is home to Fern Forest Nature Park - an awe-inspiring reserve with an abundant array of wildlife. We get 240 sunny days a year, and we’re a short drive away from Miami and West Palm Beach - right in the heart of Florida’s Gold Coast. We have a burgeoning art scene, great local performance venues, and a handful of incredible museums.