Veterinary Technician | Part Time | Winthrop Harbor, IL
Technicians | Winthrop Harbor, IL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Harbor Animal Hospital in Winthrop Harbor, IL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, ultrasound, echocardiogram, SNAPshot Dx Analyzer, and VetStat Electrolyte and Blood Gas Analyzer.
Our team wants you to know...
On average, our doctors and staff have worked at Harbor Animal Hospital for 13 years! This shows our longstanding commitment to our team, our family-like culture, and dedication to professional growth and continuing education.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Position is full time at 30+ hours with morning and evening shifts; must be able to work rotating Saturdays.
- Licensed vet tech preferred but not required.
- Being outgoing and/or having a background in sales is a plus!
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan