Experienced Kennel Assistant | Part Time | High Point, NC
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | High Point, NC
Seeking an independent, compassionate, experienced kennel attendant to join our team!
Why Total Care Veterinary Hospital in High Point, NC?
At Total Care Veterinary Hospital, our mission is to enhance the human-animal bond by providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical, surgical, and dental care to our patients. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets, early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages, and medical and surgical care as necessary during their lifetime.
As a new team member, you will be met with a team that works together, supports each other, and loves our patients! We celebrate our successes—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients.
We're looking for a part-time experienced kennel attendant who is available several days a week and every other weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. Part-time is 20 hours per week.
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of hospital, animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan