Veterinary Assistant | Part Time | Wewoka, OK
Assistants | Wewoka, OK
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
At Wewoka Animal Hospital, we’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care to the small, large and exotic animals in our area. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, in-house labs, endoscopy, cold laser therapy, ultrasound and portable x-ray. We also offer TightRope CCL repairs, shockwave therapy and ophthalmology services.
We don’t just work though; we have a lot of fun too! Birthday parties? We love cake! Movie nights and dinner? Sign us up! Our team is committed to finding a way to laugh and have fun each day. From in-work events to after-hours teambuilding, we genuinely care about and support each other. And that softball team? We’re working on it!
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan