Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time| Arlington, VA
Reception | Arlington, VA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Customer Service Representative to join our team!
Why Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Arlington, VA?
Caring Hands Animal Hospitals are large, well-equipped, AAHA-accredited facilities. We offer convenient hours six days a week and have an open-door policy to provide excellent service to our clients. Our full-service hospitals offer state of the art care for our patients including computerized patient records, digital radiography, and in-house laboratory.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Client care specialist Responsibilities
- Customer Service: Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written); Convert phone shoppers into clients through relationship building and bonding; Client needs assessment and evaluation of client satisfaction; Ability to effectively relate to pet owners, visitors and other healthcare team members; Considerable
tact and diplomacy is required. Must accurately relay owner’s account of the medical concern(s) of the pets involved to healthcare team members.
- Clerical: Perform a variety of clerical duties including filing, receiving/sorting/distributing mail, cleaning, organizing reception area, etc; Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications including Microsoft Office and Avimark; Manage patient files and records; Receive and route phone calls; Schedule appointments; Check clients in & out using Avimark veterinary software; Prepare mailings such as sympathy cards, client surveys, etc.; Possess strong organizational skills; Collect client fees, make change, process credit card transactions and assist in accounting of cash drawer, run end of day transactions.
- Medical: Provide knowledgeable non-diagnostic advice concerning the care and treatment of animals; Determine nature of injury/illness and comfort distressed pet owners; Follow established hospital policies and procedures in scheduling clients for immediate treatment of pets; Determine whether immunizations and tests are current and recommend update of necessary immunizations and tests to clients when applicable; Retrieve patient records from other veterinary hospitals; Fill/refill prescriptions; Present clients with medications and instructions when necessary; Educate clients on over-the-counter products and heartworm and external parasite preventatives; Collect lab specimen
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits