Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Bel Air, MD
Technicians | Bel Air, MD
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Festival Veterinary Clinic in Bel Air, MD?
Our vets regularly participate in continuing education so as to provide your pet or pets with the most compassionate, state of the art veterinary care. The caring vet assistants and reception staff at Festival Veterinary Clinic receive ongoing continuing education as well. This enables our vet clinic to acquire the most knowledge and experience so that we may offer the best in preventative pet health care.
Our team wants you to know...
Our dedication to our clients is evidenced by our strong commitment to excellence. The FVC vets bring their treatment philosophies from some of the top Veterinary Colleges in the country and have a combined veterinarian practice experience of nearly 50 years.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
Monday to Friday with Rotating Saturdays , Day off per week; average 35 hrs per week.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits