Kennel Attendant | Part-Time | Morris, IL
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Morris, IL
Pine Bluff Animal Hospital in Morris, IL has an immediate need for a Kennel/Boarding Assistant that is motivated and has a strong work ethic!
Why Pine Bluff Animal Hospital?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, endoscopy, laparoscopy, cold therapy laser, and therapeutic laser. We also offer TPLO/TTA surgery, orthopedics, laparoscopic-assisted gastropexy, and fracture repair.
Our team wants you to know...
“Work keeps me busy and engaged, and that makes me happy. Also the support and caring from our team makes it easy to want to work here and come to work every day. When your boss / management treats you well and truly cares, it motivates you to want to be there and do your best.”
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience, but will consider the desire to learn from the right individual.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
We're proud to call this town "home." Offering the small town charm of a Norman Rockwell painting, our downtown offers a variety of shopping, dining and recreational activities. With a variety of festivals and markets, we are a gathering place throughout the year.
Looking for a bit more hustle and bustle? Chicago is just a short day-trip away and has everything a big city can offer!